Your points will be added to your account once your order is shipped.
Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! This Companion offers a comprehensive introduction to the life and work of a major figure of the modern world.
- Scent of Revenge (Midnight Girls Series): A New Adult Paranormal Romance!
- Iter Press.
- Suggestion: Cambridge Companions to Religion - Logos Bible Software Forums.
- What is Kobo Super Points?.
- Sirah & Hadith - Grade 1 - Textbook.
Combining breadth of coverage with depth, the book opens with essays on More's family, early life and education, his literary humanism, virtuoso rhetoric, illustrious public career and ferocious opposition to emergent Protestantism, and his fall from power, incarceration, trial and execution. These chapters are followed by in-depth studies of five of More's major works - Utopia, The History of King Richard the Third, A Dialogue Concerning Heresies, A Dialogue of Comfort against Tribulation and De Tristitia Christi - and a final essay on the varied responses to the man and his writings in his own and subsequent centuries.
The volume provides an accessible overview of this fascinating figure to students and other interested readers, whilst also presenting, and in many areas extending, the most important modern scholarship on him. Help Centre.
Suggestion: Cambridge Companions to Religion
Track My Order. My Wishlist Sign In Join. Logan Editor. Be the first to write a review.
- Indexed Essay Collections | Iter.
- Book reviews.
- Health: Our Greatest Wealth: a health and wellness guide.
- The Cambridge Companion to Utopian Literature?
- The Cambridge Companion to Science Fiction - Google книги!
- The Monster Channel: Dare to be Scared!.
Add to Wishlist. Ships in 7 to 10 business days.
The Cambridge Companion to Thomas Mann
Link Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed. Description Table of Contents Product Details Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book! This Companion presents an extensive historical survey of the development of utopianism, from the publication of Utopia to today's dark and despairing tendency towards dystopian pessimism, epitomised by works such as George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four and Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.
- The Cambridge Companion to Marx - Wikipedia!
- How To Create Effective To Do Lists (Time Management).
- Navigation menu.
- Break up-how to break up, how to deal with break up depression and how to behave when meeting with ex lover.
- Site Search!
- Stay With Me!
- Skies of Steel: The Ether Chronicles (The Ether Chronicles series)?
Chapters address the difficult definition of the concept of utopia, and consider its relation to science fiction and other literary genres. The volume takes an innovative approach to the major themes predominating within the utopian and dystopian literary tradition, including feminism, romance and ecology, and explores in detail the vexed question of the purportedly 'western' nature of the concept of utopia.
The reader is provided with a balanced overview of the evolution and current state of a long-standing, rich tradition of historical, political and literary scholarship. Further Reading.